How do I retrieve my XYM after opt-in?
I can't find my mnemonic phrase.
You were asked to download and safely store it when you opted-in. Try to search for a pdf file titled 'symbol-wallet' on your device used you used to opt-in.
I opted-in with my Trezor, how would I access my XYM in Symbol Wallet?
With the mnemonic phrase you saved when opting-in. When creating a wallet profile select 'Import Mnemonic'.
Will XYM appear in my NEM Wallet?
XEM and XYM are native currencies in 2 different blockchains, NIS1 and Symbol respectively. You opted-in using your NEM Wallet and will need to retrieve your XYM using the Symbol Wallet. Please refer to here for more info.
I had more than 100 XEM in my wallet but I do not see any XYM in my wallet.
If you have opted-in before the snapshot happened at block 3105500, you would have been given 24 words mnemonic. Follow the steps at the Accessing Your XYM after Symbol Launch section to create a Symbol wallet profile. After that, log in to the profile, on the left hand side, select Accounts, and check on all addresses listed. Your XYM should appear under your opt-in address.
I have not opted-in and I had more than 100 XEM before snapshot, what are my options?
You will have an opportunity to opt-in post launch for up to 6 years. Please follow our Twitter for an announcement on when opt-in will reopen.
My exchange has not distributed the XYM yet?
We suggest getting in touch with your exchange on the airdrop. You can find a list of exchanges supporting opt-in here.
What does it mean 'this account is obtained by an older derivation. It is recommended to move funds to a seed account'?
It is recommended that you move your funds from the opted-in account to the other one you imported in step 6 above (called a Seed account, because it was obtained from a seed Symbol mnemonic). Accounts opted-in from the NEM Nano Wallet are special and cannot be derived from the mnemonic. Therefore, in the future, if you used a Wallet other than the Symbol Desktop Wallet to recover your account from the mnemonic, it might not recover your opted-in account. It will recover all other seed accounts, though, and hence the recommendation to move your funds and use only seed accounts.
How do I transfer my XYM from opt-in account to seed account?
To transfer XYM from your opt-in account to a seed account:
- Copy your seed account address.
- On the right-hand side of the "Home" page, click "Send".
- At "From:", select the opt-in account.
- Paste the seed account address in "To:".
- Next to "symbol.xym", put in the number of XYM you want to send. Please note that you will need to reserve some XYM for the transaction fee.
- Check the fee you are willing to pay at "Fee:".
- Click the "Send" button.
- Key in the password to authorize the transaction.
This is a short list of items to check should you encounter any problems when recovering your opted-in accounts.
- Check that the balance on your NIS1 account was at least 100 XEM at the time of the snapshot.
- Check that you are using the correct Symbol mnemonic. Did you do several attempts at opting-in and obtained different mnemonics?
- Check that your NIS1 account was successfully opted-in by looking up its address in the Opt-In Report.
- If your account is not on the list, check the other tabs to find the reason.
- If you opted-in using the Symbol Mobile Wallet, check that your account is not one of the 35 accounts affected by this known Symbol Mobile Wallet issue.