1. What is the ICO price of NEM?
There was no ICO, NEM came before the time when ICO was a popular funding mechanism.
2. This really looks like it is an airdrop basically with no burn of NIS1 coins. So 2x supply. Is this correct?
No, it is not an airdrop. Holders have a right of participation in SYMBOL that comes with holding XEM before the snapshot block height. Supply is not doubled, a new supply is created on a new chain which holders of the old chain tokens are invited to participate in.
3. How will this impact current XEM investors?
Market economics and sentiment are always uncertain and depend on multiple factors . The only currently discernible impact to current XEM holders is that they have the option to participate in the new SYMBOL journey.
4. Will the exchanges perform the migration for us?
They will not. They may provide end-users with a feature to view opt-in balances, but they will not execute the migration.
5. Is there a possibility XEM will be de-listed after the migration?
We do not see any reason why XEM would be delisted, as long as there are high-volume transactions, exchanges will continue to list them.
6. The concern is that most people, after opting-in, would want to dump their XEM for FIAT. That would drop the prices of XEM before the end of the opt-in phase. Then whales would buy those dumped XEM and opt-in into the new network. What are you doing to prevent this?
There is no way to opt-in XEM twice as balances will be snapshotted at certain block height.
7. Will XEM and the new token be able to be traded freely from each other?
Yes, as long as it is on an exchange with both tokens available for trading.
8. Will this create a liquidity crisis?
We do not involve ourselves in price speculation. We cannot forecast the future.
9. So will the price for XEM and the new token be pegged?
No. It will be determined by the market.
10. Which exchanges will support the new token?
11. When the time to opt-in for SYMBOL token allocation starts, will the NIS1 Network XEM currency still be tradable on (major) exchanges?